Saturday, April 25, 2009

aa

When a young family member of mine goes to a Young People's meeting, I go to an open AA meeting nearby. As far as I can tell, have been the only non alcoholic there. At first I didn't feel like I deserved to be there. These people are all so amazing and their stories inspiring! It's like I was peeping...into their souls...with the things they share and reveal. But, the overwhelming warm and welcoming nature of everyone is so comforting. Have 2 young alcoholics in the home, I feel "at home" with them. I NEVER thought I'd say this but, I am so grateful for all the alcoholics in my family and extended family. If not for them, I never would've found myself at AlAnon. That's all I got.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I totally agree with you! That is how I felt the first time I went to an AA meeting with my boyfriend. It just felt so wrong being there. But it has gotten easier and without it I wouldn't have a sober boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete

I'm happy to hear anything that you think! Thank you!